Sunday, March 23, 2014

Adventures in Florida and Atlanta: Saturday, March 22

Saturday, March 22

All good things must come to an end. Fam took us to the airport at 5:30 a.m. and sent us on our merry way. Who knew that this would be a very long day.

The flight from Palm Beach to Atlanta was short, but not short enough. Steve and I had separate seats. It was quiet where we sat. However, the blondsey twins and a surfer dude (all in their forties) decided to have a loud, early morning chat. This is what was going through my head and finally I wrote it down to get my frustration out. I christen the writings as Delta Rants.

Delta Rants

*To the Middle-Aged Blondsey Twins and the Middle-Aged Surfer Dude in 34ABC, please shut up! Respectfully, the Middle-Aged Sleepy, Surly,Silvering Ginger in 35C.

*To the Kindly Flight Attendant, Please do not serve the Blondsey Twins and the Middle Aged Surfer Dude any more coffee in 34ABC, or please switch to decaf. Respectfully, the Middle-Aged Suffering Silvering Ginger in 35C.

P.S. I would kindly slip a few of my tranquilizers into their coffee mugs if that would help. Just a thought...

*Dear God, please shut the twit-iot trio up, already!

*The Blondsey Twins paused. Thank you, God...wait for it...wait for it... there they go again. Dammit.

*The Middle-Aged Surfer Dude managed to sleep through the chatter. Glad one of us can.

*Finally, a pause. The Blondsey Twins have weak bladders. They both use the restroom. Peace.

*And, they're back and bubbly as ever. Thank God the plane is landing soon.

We landed in Atlanta about 9:00 a.m. and I could not wait to get out of there. Steve and I had a six hour layover; so we frequented the shops, visited two restaurants for breakfast and lunch, and purchased a quiet room to sleep and get away from the crowds for an hour and a half. That rest saved us from going bonkers.

Our original departure time was 3:30 p.m. We didn't get on a plane until after 6:00 p.m. Our plane from the Bend was having mechanical issues, so they sent another one. We changed gates three times. We finally land around 8:00 p.m. However, our luggage was still in Atlanta. So, our friends picked us up and we went to dinner. (They had dessert, as they already had dinner.) So, we collected our luggage after 10:30 p.m. and arrived home after 11p.m. So much for getting anything done tonight. It was great to see the kitties, though, and what an adventure!

No comments:

Grief, In the Form of Marigolds

I took a respite from Monday, as I recover from Sunday-- I am glad that Mother's Day is over. I dislike Mother's Day. I am ...