Adventures in Florida: Tuesday, March 18




(View from the airplane, 2014)


Tuesday, March 18

I awakened at 6 a.m. and headed to BMC to teach Composition II before catching a plane to Florida. Admittedly, I was pretty obnoxious in the morning, playing music by Jimmy Buffett and other steel drum music. I was a little stressed, because I had to finish a required module for work before I could leave. (I had the stomach bug on top of a sinus infection, so I missed a couple days of school.) Thank goodness the students were working on their papers so I could work on this module. My librarian friend is an angel--she is so smart and is always helpful. I was able to pay it forward a little by changing the toner. Thank goodness I was wearing black, because the toner exploded all over. (That brought up memories of working at the library.) It was good for a laugh--and I was fine with having the toner on me rather than her. Anyhoo, although I love teaching, the morning dragged. Finally, I was able to leave for the day; I wanted to return home so we could rest before our friend took us to the airport.

We are ready to go. P. takes us to the airport. Steve and I check in, and then grab a bite to eat. The flight is pleasant and quick. We had a 1 1/2 layover in Atlanta, which is not bad at all. The Atlanta airport was enormous; the time lagged a bit. Steve and I finally were herded into the airplane since we were in the last section (MOO). At least, in case the plane crashed, we would have a chance.

All went well. The flight attendant tossed me a few extra bags of pretzels, and I was grateful to him. Steve and I landed in Palm Beach around 10:30 p.m. Our fam picked us up from the airport and drove us to the condo. It's a 55 and older senior complex. How nice to be too young for something besides an AARP card. (*Laughs*) I'm not knocking AARP, it's cool and I'm looking forward to the senior discounts.

At the condo, Steve and I enjoyed bottled water, sandwiches, and collapsed into bed soon, but before we turned in, we sat outside on the screened-in porch (it's referred to as a lanai down here). There was a table, four chairs, some ornate decorations, and a tomato plant. (More than a few tomatoes would be nibbled on during our stay.) We peered outside and could see the view of the inner coastal in the distance--a million dollar view without the million dollar price.

Comments

Popular Posts