The Direction of the Blog

Hello,

Not to be cliche', but I cannot believe how time has passed. This past September marked the ninth year that this blog has been launched, and I completely missed it. In September 2016, Marimba and Ice will be ten years old. This blog has been like a friendship; the kind of friendship that picks up right where it was left off no matter how much time has passed.

How did that happen? A lot has happened in 9+ years, and looking back, I can see that Marimba and Ice took quite a few twists and turns. Some years (like this one) I hardly blogged at all; other years I blogged almost every day. I am happy and proud to see a few of my friends contemplating and/or successfully blogging. This blog has been an outlet in the good times, and a safety net in the tough times. In this blog, my writer's voice has grown a little bitter, older, and hopefully a bit wiser. However, the forties have revealed to me of how little I know, and that I have so much more to learn--both in real life and in writing.

This year, I have not blogged much at all. Perhaps it was due to a book launch, finishing a thesis, and working too many jobs this fall. However, it is not a valid excuse, but I have had a hard time figuring out what to write about here and where to take this blog. From what I have read, author blogs should be personal and not entirely commercial. Of course, there are topics that may be "too much information" for readers. (Yes, like most people, I have been guilty of oversharing.)

So, my question for you is, what do you want to read about in 2016? Are you interested in blogs about everyday life? Do you want to read about book/movie/music/web reviews? Do you want resources about ADHD/Anxiety/Depression? Cat adventures?Food? Humorous Stories? Travel? Writing sources?
I am asking for your input, because you are the one taking the time to click on this blog and read, so I want to make this worth your time.

Thank you for your help and input!

Love,
Lori






Comments

Carol S Rusinek said…
I'd like to see you write about your everyday life; what it's like to be a writer, teacher and friend. Also tips on what makes a good writer and how blogging can work as a therapeutic outlet when real life can be difficult. Add a lot of humor too- that always makes me smile!:-)

Happy New Year Lori!

Popular Posts