Moshi



(Java and Moshi, March 2016)


(Moshi, April 2016)


Moshi
sleeps sadly
dreaming of Java.


Today will be our first entire day without Java. Even though Java was a quiet cat, the house is so quiet without her. It's going to take a while to heal from yesterday. It is weird not seeing Java perched on her favorite Doctor Who blanket on the sofa, or on the bed near me. Miss Moshi, the second oldest cat, is missing Java, too. She was clinging to Steve this morning and she is now curled up next to me in bed as I write. I have learned over the years that animals grieve, too. I wish I could take the hurt away from sweet Moshi. All we can do is give her extra love and affection. We will watch for depression. The other cats seem a little confused, but are not exhibiting visible signs of grief.

Comments

Popular Posts