Weekend

Friday was a busy but fun day. I woke up early and took care of Tiny (26 pound lover cat), hopped on the toll road, stopped at a BP gas station to pick up caffeine. I accidentally took a wrong turn and ended up in the next county! It's a good thing I left really early; I still made it to the 'bary on time. One of my colleagues drove us through the countryside and treated me to lunch. It was really sweet of her; I am touched. We also worked on crafts for next week. (It's still summer reading until the end of the month.)After the 'bary, I drove back home, and met up with Steve to take care of Tiny for the last time this year. Then, we came home, and I crashed pretty early--probably from the adrenalin of the new job and new schedule. I'm looking forward to going back on Monday.

It's Sunday afternoon already. The weekend passed by quickly, and I am trying (unsuccessfully) to relax before week two at the library. So far, I watered the cats (Steve feeds and scoops), worked out, went grocery shopping and bought fruits and veggies for the week, put away groceries, watered the thirsty spider plant on the front porch (I need to move it to the back--less sunlight), and filled the bird feeders. On Saturday, Steve and I tended to Minnie the Cat, attended a surprise birthday party at the park, and visited Hacienda for dinner. I took a long siesta on Saturday and went to bed early. I woke up later today. I really want to go to the lake or the beach today, but it's not in the plans. Maybe next weekend. :)

I've also started reading teen literature again for marketing purposes. Although I like teaching, I much prefer reading rather than grading in my spare time. It doesn't feel like work. I just finished a book by Catherine Gilbert Murdock (Elizabeth Gilbert's sister) entitled heaven is paved with oreos. (The title is in lowercase on purpose.) It is a fun, coming-of-age book about a girl named Sarah Zorn. She's an intelligent fourteen-year-old who is beyond her years. Sarah goes on a trip to Italy with her grandmother (I'm envious!) and she encounters many adventures.

That's all for now! I will post again soon. Thank you for reading! Have a good week! xoxo




Comments

Popular Posts