Next to Last Post of 2017

I was supposed to blog about my amazing Saturday in early December, but didn't get around to it until now. I guess better late than never!
The biggest news of the year is that I landed a new gig at the Nappanee Public Library as the Youth Services Manager. I am working for--and with--a great community and wonderful staff. My colleagues and directors have been kind and supportive even when I have made mistakes. I am much less fearful and so grateful.

On Saturday, December 3, I woke up super early to go on a local TV station (WSBT 22) to promote a teen program at NPL. Talk about hitting the floor running! So, my assistant director picks me up, happy and smiling as always, and we drive to the station. The new station is gorgeous! Fortunately, there were two distractions that kept me from getting too jittery: the featured kitty from the local shelter, and watching the professional journalist navigating the show in super high heels and not tripping. (I would have been on the floor in three steps.)

Here is the link: http://wsbt.com/news/local/get-into-the-holiday-spirit-with-the-nappanee-public-library

It was a fast and fun segment.



Forward to 6:00 p.m. at the library. Steve took me to the library and was the photographer in the crowds. Five or six of us were marching in the parade in downtown Nappanee. Thank goodness the balmy weather held out! I was Marshall the Dog from PBS. The costume was difficult because I really couldn't see that well and it was dark. Fortunately, my trusty handlers did not let me fall, and it was neat to hear everyone in the distance and close-up. It made me happy to make kids and their families happy on a December Saturday evening.

Will add pictures later... need to post one more blog before 2018!

xoxo,
Lori



Comments

Popular Posts