Sunrise


And the sun rises again.
I snapped this photo as Steve was driving me to Nappanee for work.

The roads were icy, and I was exhausted.
I was afraid I would fall asleep at the wheel.

You would never know that three days ago, I was afraid I would lose Steve.

If you have been on Facebook, you knew that we went to the ER on Tuesday.
Steve experienced pressure in his chest after exercise.

When you're forty-something, you don't mess around.
Our family physician agreed.

We entered the ER expecting Steve to pass all the tests with flying colors, but no, the x-rays showed
something weird, so Steve was sequestered to a hospital bed and subjected to all sorts
of post-modern medical procedures.

He stayed overnight at the hospital. I spent the first night alone with the cats in over a year.
I hated every second of it.

On Thursday, Steve was released after getting the all-clear. We find out more next week with a follow-up.

I am grateful he is okay.
I can breathe again.

And the sun rises again.

Comments

Popular Posts