Labor Day Weekend: Deer, Grapes, Gravel Lake, Real Simple, and Sunflowers

(Sunflower in the Sky LCS 2008)
(Deer in the Vineyard LCS 2008)
(Two Deer in the Vineyard LCS 2008)
We should all do what, in the long run, gives us joy, even if it is only picking grapes, or sorting the laundry." -E. B. White, Letters of E.B. White This is a great quote from a pragmatic-yet-chic magazine. I found this quote from the April 2008 issue of Real Simple I borrowed from Mom this weekend. There's also a fabulous article on conquering clutter in this issue. And the reference to grapes reminds me of the hike we took on Sunday in southern Michigan. Dad, our friend, Steve and I went exploring in the woods by the vineyards. Around Labor Day, the grapes ripen and the air smells like wine. We also noticed deer along our path, particularly a yearling, which is a fawn that just lost its spots. We were just staring at one another in awe, and then I started snapping photographs. Eventually the deer disappeared into the vineyard. Early September also brings forth sunflowers. Our next door neighbors grow beautiful sunflowers every summer, and I wanted to share them with you. I managed to snap these right before my camera battery ran out. Happy September!

Comments

VikingMoose said…
yay the rrorro!

Popular Posts