Not So New Wave Wednesday: a Folk Song Instead

This afternoon I weeded children's books (beginning readers) at a library branch. While I was doing this mind-numbing and enjoyable task, a song softly entered my mind. It surprised me because the radio wasn't playing, nor was I listening to anything folksy on the radio before arriving at the library. (I've been listening to Smashing Pumpkins in the car. ) The song was Follow Me by John Denver. How the heck did John Denver creep into my mind? Then the a-ha moment arrived. Mom loved John Denver's music. The song made me think of her. And comforted me. And then the song triggered another fond memory. My sister, Mom, and I attended John Denver's concert at the Morris Civic Auditorium. We enjoyed a nice dinner (I remember being very tired, though) and enjoyed the concert, except for an obnoxious person kicking the chair behind me. But I do remember at the very beginning, there was a clip of the Muppet Show, the Christmas one with John Denver and the muppets singing The Twelve Days of Christmas. Despite my fatigue and the annoying chair-kicker, I'm so glad we went.

Comments