Nice to be Back on the Blog






This is one of many photographs I snapped in order not to distract Steve with backseat driving. We took a road trip to Virginia to a wedding. But that's a fun blog post soon to follow.

 It's been a long time since my last post. It's almost like that awkward feeling when I haven't called or contacted someone in a long time. So, sheepishly I type. It's nice to be back, my dear marimbaandice, and more importantly, to you, my gentle readers.

This month has been a whirlwind. I'm teaching two classes at two different community colleges with two different computer systems. Frankly, I'm getting really technotired, but I am fortunate to have two wonderful classes this semester. I'm taking a creative nonfiction class that I love, with wonderful colleagues/friends/students and an amazing professor. It's interesting being both an instructor and a student. It's confusing and empathic and exhilirating and tiring. But it's always interesting, and I am exactly where I need to be right now.

In addition, I finished a first draft of my novel, and am working for a client on Elance.com. It's been both frustrating and rewarding, but that's what life is about, n'est pas?

More soon. It won't be so long this time. You've been missed.

Comments