Teetotaler on a Sunday Afternoon

                                                           (Cat TV chez Sigety 9.20.2020)

    It's been a good day. It's about 6 p.m. and it's serious cricket chirping season. The church bells just sounded from downtown; I hear the echoes of a deep bark from one of the neighborhood dogs.  There are no clouds in the sky and because of last night's frost, the tips of the leaves in the trees are just starting to turn. The sun's still out, but it's lower in the sky, peering through the tree and leaving a shadow on the tattered brown rug on the front porch. Steve bought the expensive feed, so there are about seven birds gathered around the clear feeder with the blue top. I'm surprised none of the fab feline foursome are watching cat tv, since it's obviously prime time. Moshi is sleeping on the cat perch. The others are somewhere chilling out in the house. (Apparently I'm the only one enjoying cat tv.)

    Steve's out running errands and I'm cat herding, grading and writing; I'm looking forward to dusk where I can turn on the white wicker lamp I bought at the antique store. Now I can read, write, and play music comfortably on the porch at night. (If there was a daybed out here, I'd never come inside the house.)

    I'm still sore and icing my chest. It's no easy task for a girl who's been, well, let's just say, blessed in the chest.  Probably too much information, but hey, I got to keep this old blog interesting. Just saying...

    Today I did something good (for me) besides leaving the wine glass alone... I attended church services again. It was a lovely yet chilly outside late morning service with the Irish music and the inspiring messages that I love. One of the members of the congregation (I knew her but couldn't remember her name) gave me a sandwich and hot chocolate during the lunchtime concert. The three musicians played Gershwin and Irish music. It was so relaxing sitting on a cushioned chair wrapped in a blanket in the sun and listening to music. It also makes me want to play music more often. 

    Later today I took a break from the laptop and took a walk with a bestie. We ran into other friends on the Riverwalk. It was nice to see them, even if we're masked and can't hug. 

    Anyway, it's been a great way to start the week. I'm looking forward to a new week (hopefully better than the past three) and looking forward to autumn this week. 


Comments

Marci Ullery said…
Oh my beautiful baby girl, you are soo much stronger than you know...and are soo loved. You are my precious girl. ILOVE you, I admire you, and even tho you are struggling right now... I believe in you as the heroine in your life. Thank you for sharing your beautiful musings!

I love you!

Marci
Lori V said…
2 things:
1. Marci, that is lovely! <3
2. "Blessed in the chest" hahahahahahahah!!!!