July 28, 2021

 



It's 4-freaking-a.m. and I'm still awake. Remind me never to drink caffeinated iced coffee at 8 p.m.  Ugh. The coffee booth wasn't busy at the Fair and now I know why! 

I attempted to go back to sleep a couple hours earlier, but tossed and turned and turned and tossed. Plus, Moshi the Cat decided to curl up with her man; her head is buried on Steve's shoulder (disgusting!) and her tail is draped across my nose. (Thanks, Moshi--I really prefer the cute end!) So, I gently move Moshi's tail away from my nose and head downstairs. 

So far, I have sorted snail mail and cleared the trunk of said mail, answered a few survey questions on Inboxdollars.com (it's a cool survey website introduced by the blog The Penny Hoarder) and trolled Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.  Now, I am here writing a long overdue blog post. At least I am making good use out of insomnia. 

The past eight days have been good. My friends threw me a surprise spur-of-the-moment 50th birthday soiree. It was a lot of fun (with a LOT of teasing!) and the good people in my life really made it special for me. I'm grateful to have so many wonderful people in my corner. I'm sad about the ones who have not stayed in touch, but I can't expend my energy on that anymore. 

On Monday, Steve and I celebrated 24 years of marriage, and celebrated by eating at Doc's Restaurant. (We are so predictable! :)) We had a great table on the patio, and our waiter, who was on his first day of the job, really served well. 

I'm finally nodding off as I type, so I should wrap this up. Hope your summer is going well! 



Comments

Marci ullery said…
Happy birthday♥️♥️♥️ I’m sorry I didn’t know your BD! Glad you were surrounded with love on your special day!💕
marimba50 said…
Thank you, honey! It's ok! <3

Popular Posts