Tuesday Storms

After running errands this morning and generally feeling accomplished, I spent the afternoon checking emails, reading poetry, and writing.  Not only did I notice storms and rain outside my porch, but I also experienced some internal storms as well. One of my errands included running a box of items to Goodwill. After July, I have been cleaning out, clearing out, and moving forward with my life after a tumultuous six years. I regret returning to public librarianship. There, I said it. I should have spent the last six years focusing on writing, or at least something that didn't make me pull over to the side of the road on more than one occasion and lose my breakfast on my way to work. However, I don't regret the positive relationships and the friendships made during that time--I cherish those people and am grateful for staying in contact. Those memories are what I will attempt to hold on to. Thank you. 💓 

I noticed yet another defriending today from that part of my life. I don't know why, but it still makes me angry, especially if I have made an effort to be kind.  Experiences like this does not inspire me to be nice or even civil.  Perhaps it is the Universe's way of removing toxicity out of my life. I took guidance from the Universe and purged several t-shirts today. Literally cleaning out my closet and taking out the trash.   





Comments

Karen Maes, MSW said…
It feels wonderful to get things like that off your chest and spirit!
marimba50 said…
Hi, Karen!
Yes, yes it is! Feeling lighter these days! :)
xo, Lori