June 3, 2022: A New Beginning






Fridays are usually fun because it's the end of the week and the general vibe is positive. Add in a picturesque sunny June day, and life seems rosier. Life is literally and metaphorically rosier these days. 
I'll take it.  

Despite the fact that I'm sore from playing in the garden a couple of days ago, I took the Riverwalk this morning to Chicory Cafe located in downtown Mishawaka. I met up with a dear friend and ran into other people I know and love out in the cafe seating area. 

Even though I have a ton of writing projects to work on, I needed to take the time to meet up and spend time with others. Otherwise, I could be holed up here at home and forget to come out and play. (A note to self: grown-ups need to play, too. That doesn't end in adolescence.) It's also a great place to re-energize. Plus, Chicory makes amazing, iced lattes. 

After the fun visit, my friend dropped me off at chez Sigety. I readied for another occasion. 
I did something that I thought wouldn't happen again. I interviewed and am now back in public libraries. (Yes, you told me so. You can now collect on your bets.)  

I can't seem to stay away; it's a calling. This time around, it's at my home library, located in historic downtown Mishawaka, IN. It's a 20-hour, adult reference position. I'd be working primarily downtown, with an occasional shift (when needed) at the other two locations. The beauty is, I can walk to work, and this morning, I did. I've never been able to do that before and now I can. It will be nice, for the first time ever, to serve in my own community. 

I needed a gig that would provide stability while building my freelance writing/editing/researching business. I needed structure, so I can build writing hours around library hours, since writing in a vacuum posed a challenge. I hope to keep teaching classes at the university level.  

It's been a good day and we're grateful for the prospects. I highly advise starting a new gig on a Friday to catch those positive vibes! 

Comments

Elizabeth B. said…
Congrats on the new position and the walkable commute!
QUOTING: (A note to self: grown-ups need to play, too. That doesn't end in adolescence).
This is SO TRUE and such an important note for all of us to remember.
It sounds like your weekend, and this new beginning, started with the good, good, good . . . Good vibrations.
(Did you sing the Beach Boys song in your mind while reading that? I sure did).
Lori said…
Thank you so much for the kind words and encouragement!
On the radio, Lori V took me home and "Cool Change" (Yacht rock) was on the radio. That was my theme song, but "Good Vibrations" works just as well! :)

Popular Posts