Reflections on 50


Last year, I was surprised and spoiled rotten by friends and family. It was a wonderful birthday. and I am forever grateful by the outpouring of love and well-wishes. Had I known at the eve of the 51st trip around the sun that the past year would be turbulent at best (and your favorite choice of swear words at worst), I would've treasured the fun moments even more, if that's possible. 

This past year was a flurry of happy moments nestled in-between hardship and struggle for our little family, like fireflies spontaneously showing up on a midsummer night, flickering lightness in the void. This summer, I'll keep looking for the fireflies for those glimmers of hope. When the fireflies are gone for the season, I'll keep looking at the sky for clarity and peace. 

 As midnight approaches, I cautiously look forward to another day, hoping to catch more glimpses of fireflies.

Comments

Marci ullery said…
Beautiful!❤️

Popular Posts