Memorial Monday

I like it when it storms on Memorial Day. It's Mother Nature's way of showing respect for fallen soldiers and for loved ones who have passed away. I believe the rain forces people to slow down a bit and reflect. I wrote the following poem today on the way home from Gravel Lake. Memorial Day, Chamberlain Cemetary, 2010 To my right, in the distance in the family of trees a bird serenades us high-low, high-low with a mourning song To my left, in the distance in the gray-white sky thunder warns us rumble-hum, rumble-hum with a warning song Directly in front of us on the ledge of the gray headstone several stones accompany the stone I left for her last year stones attempt to seal gaping holes left right in the torn hearts of those like mine who love her.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Old Friend

Midnight Moonlight July Posting

Reflections on this Week