29-Day Giving Challenge: Book Review

Tuesday, February 9: Day Nine: Book Review
My gift today is to write a book review on my blog for my friend Izola, who is a writer. Z, this is for you. :)
In 2009, Izola Bird wrote and published her third book, a non-fiction read entitled The Witch Who Stole My Husband, published by Pendium Publishing House, located in Raleigh, North Carolina. The book is about adultery and in this particular case, a story about the other woman with a co-conspirator: the mother-in-law. The chapters are short (which I like), written in a conversational and passionate voice, and takes the reader through a journey of how adultery unfolds in the home. Izola shares what to look for, how adultery can create a path of despair and make the wife feel helpless and even insane, but also uses her faith in Christ for resilience and strength. There is a glossary in the back of the book with Biblical passages.
I can see Izola's book being discussed among friends over coffee or in someone's living room for book club. I see Izola reading passages from her book in the cafe at the bookstore or library, or discussed privately with a women's circle in church. Her book is available through Amazon.com and Pendium Publishing House.

Comments

#1 Blahaholic said…
This is a very good book. I think alot of married women who have dealt with an affair that their husband had, can and will relate to feelings this woman had in this book. For all of you who have a book club, include this book for future discussions.
Erica said…
hmm. sounds interesting. I'm sure I can relate, but I'm not sure I'm ready to go there yet. Getting over an affair is tough anyway you look at it. It does make you feel crazy sometimes, I thought I was going crazy. thanks for the review.
Anonymous said…
I know it scares a woman to even think that her husband would ever do such a thing. It's what you don't know that will hurt you. If I had a choice I wouldn't want to know,but then every bad deed comes in the light and sometimes at funerals. It happened to a cousin of mine the other woman showed up at her husband's funeral and introduced herself and children four to be exact. I think I would have jumped in the casket and killed him over again. Ha...aah, I'm trying to get a sense of humor. It feels like you're dying inside and it's nothing funny about that. It took me years to get over it and it wasn't easy. I'm in a better place now. I'm taking care of me!
Island said…
It's a hard thing to get over. My cousin found out her husband was having an affair after his funeral. Yeah, the woman show up with his children. We are strong women and we can make it through with the help of God.I thank God I made it through it without going crazy.