Weekly Update

It's Thursday again. I cannot believe it is June 10 already! It's been a busy week so far. I'll share my week with you: * Monday, Tuesday, Thursday: Comp I class. The poor dears had to endure the grammar portion of the class today. You need to know your verbs and nouns to construct decent sentences! Grammar is like fiber: it makes you feel crappy, but it's necessary for healthy... writing. Yeah, that's it. Perhaps on Monday I will bring out SchoolHouse Rock to liven up the grammar scene a little bit. Conjunction junction, what's your function... * Tuesday night Steve and I visited the LaSalle Branch. I felt strange but happy being there as a patron. And I rebelled: I sported my Lucky Denims and open-toed shoes. We attended the neighborhood association meeting. It was interesting. Afterwards, we browsed through the stacks (and didn't sniff the new ones although I picked out quite a few.) I managed not to get kicked out by our security guard. *Wednesday I had lunch with a friend (she treated), lined up publicity for Purest Green's upcoming show in June at the Cass Public Library, and sent poems to ArtPost. I also visited ArtPost to see J and K and have an interview with a reporter from the Tribune. I'm stoked to see the article when it comes out! *Friday I need to visit a friend, have lunch with a friend, and work on class and Artpost stuff. * Saturday I have rehearsal in Cass in the a.m. and a soiree in the p.m. *Sunday I have editing, grading, and lesson plans for the next week. Somehow I need to fit in gardening, sleeping, and finding a new dishwasher.

Comments

miakoda said…
Grammar is like fiber: it makes you feel crappy, but it's necessary for healthy... writing. Yeah, that's it.

Haha ... I'll have to remember that. :)

Popular Posts