Gen Con 2011: Friday Afternoon

The adventure continued. While we were waiting for our hotel room, we experienced bad service at the restaurant inside the hotel. It was the shiny object moment man who waited on us. I can relate, but there's a reason why I am not a server. Later, he makes a snarky comment about getting our bill in a more timely manner. Yes, we had shiny object moment man twice. Lucky us. :
After we finished eating, we waited for our room. Steve asked the attendee several times. She finally said tersely that we'll just have to wait. (I was incensed at this point.) The attendee knew how angry (and sick) I was, so she put in a rush order. I did appreciate that. We should have asked for a manager, though. Finally, we got our room. I missed my writing session at the convention. I called and left a message for the hotel manager, but he did not return my call. I will be drafting a letter to a district manager.

Comments