Midnight Moonlight July Posting

Hello--

The lilies are in full bloom in the garden Chez Sigety, so it must be July. A couple of months have passed since the last post, so I can fill you in on some events that have occurred:

Steve and the kitties are doing well. They are my world-- this home would just be an empty house without them.

I had forgotten that the busy-ness of summer reading in public libraries is much like retail during the holidays! Yowser! We are keeping busy at the Middlebury Community Public Library, and if my teens check out and read 1,500 books (fiction and nonfiction) in June and July, I will dye my hair blue for Gen Con in August. I have a sneaking suspicion that I will indeed have blue hair,especially since graphic novels and manga are permitted and tend to be fast reads. And, I am proud to brag that I have awesome teens. They are my kids and I am so proud of them.

Speaking of libraries, I celebrated one year on July 5. It's been quite a year--I have learned a lot personally and professionally in a short year. What I have started to focus on for year two (and beyond) is balance. I have to curb the perfectionist streak and realize that a)it's okay to make mistakes and be human; b)take time out for family/friends/self; and c) do more creative stuff again!

I am not in touch with loved ones nearly as much as I would like. That is primarily because I have been exhausted this year (new job with commute) and have dealt with some health stuff. I won't bore you with details, but I am working on strategies to lessen stress and fatigue, and to exercise more.

Well, it's technically Monday morning, so I am going to sign off and sleep. Have a good night. xoxo

Comments

Popular Posts