The How Hard Did Aging Hit You? 2009-2019






















All week I have been seeing and viewing people's posts of "The How Hard Did Aging Hit You" on Facey-space. I'm kind of over it, but here's mine. I'm ten years older and somewhat wiser. My soul is definitely older and somewhat wiser.
Loss will do that to a person.

Today marks ten years since Mom died of cancer. I've been doing okay dealing with the holidays, but today took me off-guard. I was at Planet Fitness working to decrease my fatness. Next to me on the weight machines were a mom and her adult daughter. They were on either side of me,talking over me. I thought of my own mom and the tears welled up, and of course, spilled down my cheeks. I told the mother and daughter that it was great that they had a good relationship and that it was the anniversary of my mom's death. They were sympathetic and quickly reverted back to their routines. I quickly left, too.


Even though it has been ten years of lifelong lessons and resilience, grief is still grief. I leave you a quote from Dr. Leehat Granek, contributor of a blog entitled Grief 10 Years Later, published on Huffpost.com:

"Just like love, grief is an experience that evolves and changes with time; but one thing is for sure, it is not forgettable, because it never goes away."


No, it sure doesn't. Love and miss you, Mom.






Comments

Popular Posts