Saturday Nights in Mishawaka: Part One

Hi,

Thanks for reading. As you know, it's been a kinda crazy spring chez Sigety. I don't think I wrote about the goose adventure I had before our Flucation 2019. (See previous post for the gory details.)

Here are a couple of Saturday nights in Mishawaka that ended up to be quite interesting.

In early April, Steve had game night, so Chris, Shari, and I ventured to the Smokestack Brew in Mishawaka to see Ultra Fab,
which is one of my favorite bands. (I am friends with the bassist. He's super talented!) There was a theme... it was a pajama
party, so we wore our jammies. (I donned a back t-shirt and pink-and-black Hello Kitty jammie bottoms.) We had a great time and danced the night away.

It was midnight... the witching, or the gosling hour... and we were able to take the Riverwalk home. Somewhere, around Main Street, I inadvertently stumbled near a goose's nest, because the next thing I know, there is a psychotic goose with an enormous wing span and mouth open running towards me. Thank goodness I had walking/running shoes on, because I was hoofing it down Main Street with a goose waving her wings in my enormous hair! I was yelling and running. This goose (or gander) was the best personal trainer I have ever had. (Just stumble too close to a goose nest in spring.) Chris and Shari were half-shocked and half-laughing. (Too stunned to pull out the phone to record. It's okay. I would have been too stunned, too.)

After the goose left my interpersonal space, I yelled at it, "I defended you!" And the goose hissed in returned. It was such a weird goose and human exchange. If it wasn't happening to me, it would have been freaking hilarious. I won't forget this night for a long time. LOL



Comments