Reflections on Summer



This summer has nearly passed; I started teaching online courses at IUSB this week
and planning fall school visits at the Library. The Domers (Notre Dame fans) are getting
excited over the first football weekend of the season.

It's been a weird summer but an okay summer. I wish we could have two solid months of the
balmy 75-ish degree weather, but we live in the snow belt, so that's probably not a possibility.

Autumn in Indiana is lovely, though.


Here are some of the events that happened in Summer 2019:

*I endured anxiety and a deep depression this spring. Menopausal symptoms, a cancelled vacation ("flucation"),
general life stresses,and two triggers in May (Mother's Day and Memorial Day weekend) deeply affected me.
In fact, I almost checked out this June.
I got help and I got better, but depression is a monster that lurks in the shadows.

And it lies. Don't believe the lies that live in darkness. If you're anxious and/or depressed, please talk about it
and bring the monster to the light-- with faith, love, and professional help...it can dissipate.

(If you are having suicidal thoughts, please tell someone and/or call the Suicidal Prevention Lifeline @ 1-800-273-8255. They also
have online chat available. You are worth fighting for--I love you.)


*I spent time with family and friends and shared a birthday with a family member. It was a great day.
Turning 48 is different; I'm now knee-deep in the late forties.

*Steve and I celebrated 22 years on July 26. I'm grateful for Chez Sigety and that I am married to kind and loving man. We have four
little spoiled monster kittens and we love them.

*The Memory Garden was exceptionally lovely, thanks to all the rain in June.

*Film Night and WordPlay happened.

*I co-hosted a 30th high school class reunion. I experienced the post celebration let-down for a week. It was great to see people and
I felt a lot of love that weekend. However, I don't think I have the oomph to co-host again.
P.S. If you want to purchase a copy of the book (at the reunion)...you can contact me or order a copy on Amazon.

*I started taking guitar lessons, and after a month, had to switch guitars because I am left-handed. My instructor is terrific and now a friend.


I am looking forward to another season.

Love,
Lori



Comments

Popular Posts