Fiona's First Fiasco on a Wednesday Night of a Pandemic





9:30 p.m.

I spoke too soon when I told my colleague that tonight was an uneventful night.
We carpooled, and after I dropped her off in the hinterlands of Wakarusa, I swerved
 too sharply to the right in their yard and ended up off the dark trail and into a grassy patch of mud.

(Enter your choice of swear words here. I had many.)

I pushed the gas.
Nothing.
I pushed the gas in reverse.
Nothing.
I put the car in neutral and attempted to push her forward.
You got it...
Nothing.

So, I swallowed my pride and swiftly knocked on the back door of my colleague's home. Her dad turned around from his chair at the table.

"I'm stuck. I need help," I said.

(Meanwhile, I message Steve and inform him that I am stuck in the mud and getting help.)

He was so kind, and gathered other family members (including my colleague), and we are trying to push a stuck Honda Civic out of the mud at 9:30 p.m. at night in the rain in March during a pandemic.

He pulls out the chain and the pickup truck and drags Fiona out of the mud. I profusely thank them and drive away. I wait until I am at the BP/McDonald's place and pull over. I message Steve that I was on my way home.

10:00 p.m.


A muddy Fiona and I pull into the driveway chez Sigety. It's good to be home, and I had an amusing story to share.



Comments