Spending Saturday Night in Solitude: Books, Cats, and Star Wars



Do you think I've covered all the nerd bases? LOL

Tonight, I finished a book for my library reading challenge. (We have a list of books we have to read; one of them is a book from childhood.) It's Stuart Little, by E.B. White. After rereading the book, I realized that Stuart was kind of a selfish mouse for not telling his human family that he was leaving to find his avian friend Margalo. And of course, Snowbell, the cat in the book, is a jerk.

Speaking of cats, (not all, but many are jerks), I joined a local Facebook "kittenwatch" group with over a hundred cat lovers, and we are collectively stalking the site and waiting for this poor cat to either a)spontaneously combust; or b)give birth to her kittens. The memes are hysterical, and I suspect there's a betting pool on how many kittens will be born.

I'm starting to really want another kitty; I miss Sakura terribly. We do have three other fur babies, but they are more closely bonded to Steve. He's Dr. Freaking Doolittle--I should be used to it by now. I would love a kitten, but there are so many adult cats who need homes, too.

Perhaps the fur kids are not in the studio because I am practicing Star Wars for the recital tomorrow. My fingertips are smarting as I type on the laptop. That's a good sign that I have practiced almost every night since last Thursday's lesson. I hope the Force will be with me and it goes well.

It will be a good recital or a hilarious story, or a little of both.

Comments