Tuesday Morning, March 31

I'm writing because my legs won't stop twitching (restless legs) and my mind won't stop racing. So, here I am at 1:00 a.m. because both my body and my brain won't let me rest. It's infuriating because sleep should be something I can control.

But wait. Who am I kidding? I'm in the middle of  perimenopause in the middle of a global pandemic "safe" at home losing track of what day it is. I can't even turn to my beloved Sakura for comfort because oh,wait... she died.  Unexpectedly. She would have made this sequestering a lot more tolerable with her tyrannical antics and snuggles. I am grateful for Steve and the other fur kids we have.

I miss life before 2020. We didn't have to worry about a plague.
I miss being at the library. I will never again complain about the commute.
I miss going out to lunch at my favorite local restaurants.
I miss not being able to hug the people I care about.
I miss seeing said people.

Yes, there's a lot to be grateful for and I count my blessings often; I'm just having a hard time counting them at this moment.

I continue to pray and worry about those who are in harm's way. We're doing our best over here to do the right thing, socially distance ourselves and hunker down until this plague subsides.


Comments

Popular Posts