Wednesday, March 25-- First Day at Home from Pandemic


Soon I will be doing some work from home, but today I just couldn't concentrate. It is surreal; today I have been in a daze.

Per the governor's directive and the library board, for our safety and well-being, our library is shuttered for now.  I am so grateful that my library cares enough about us to have us stay home and stay healthy. I miss it already.

 Although I felt guilty going out, I managed to drop off my car payment via drive-through and visit the grocery store quickly. Being in the grocery store was panic-inducing for me. We were limited to one paper towel per person, and the toilet paper section was completely wiped out. I think that made it real for me. I didn't stay long and forgot to write down and pick up a few items on the list.

On my way home, I was thinking that this pandemic will be the country song of country songs of the century, but even country songs have humor and one can find the light in this haze of uncertainty. The sunny day, although cool, is beckoning me to step outside, saunter around the Riverwalk, and pick up sticks around the yard.

Stay healthy and take care! 

Comments