Easter Sunday and Steve's Birthday in Quarantine





(Photos of nature on the Riverwalk) 


A week has passed already since I last wrote. The days and weeks have started to meld together.
There were a couple of firsts today.  It's the first Easter service I have participated in via Zoom! (I'm certain I'm not alone.) I think had this pandemic not disrupted our lives, I would have been in the process of joining the First United Methodist Church in South Bend. But like many other aspects of life right now, I have to place that on hold and I'm a little annoyed about it. However, it was a great service and everyone made the best of it. And there were so many cute hats! It made me think of England, for some reason. :)

This is also the first family birthday gathering in quarantine--Steve's birthday. Fortunately for us, he is low key and on the quiet side, so he is grateful for a quiet birthday. We had carryout from his favorite restaurant (Mandarin House) last night and he received a card and a couple of gifts.
(Admittedly, I ate one of his Cadbury eggs while picking up prescription cat food.)

I don't know what the future brings this week, but I will be focusing on in no particular order (like I have in these past few weeks) reader's advisory, staff improvement, attending webinars, collection development, programming, and most importantly, staying in touch with everyone.

Have a good week... stay safe and stay sane.

Comments