Friday Night

    Well, it's been a day. Nine days ago I would have said that this was a two-glass night. A glass of wine was tempting, but I didn't cave. I drank diet tonic water instead. 

    My computer decided to lock me out for a few hours this morning to do a Windows update. It didn't care that I have articles to write and speeches to grade. Time to step away from the technology before it went flying across the room. 

"Steve, I'm going for a walk and then heading over to the antique store." 

"Have fun," he responded. 

    So, I left in a huff (not at hubby but at the laptop) and trekked around the Riverwalk and into the antique store. I was searching for indoor/outdoor planters, because to my dismay, October 15 is not too far off and I will have to bring my plants inside. I want attractive and natural-looking planters. I searched until I was ready to leave when I noticed two natural looking planters! Shut the front door! (I pretty much did.) I marched back to the counter, proud that I discovered them.

    "Is this price firm?" My mother would have been proud. 

    "I can give you 10 percent," the owner whispered. 

    I smiled and nodded. He wrapped them up carefully since I was walking, and I returned home with two new treasures. I noted that the price of each planter was about the equivalent of a nice bottle of wine. I'll be able to save for a rainy day or spend money on fun items that last.

Comments