Happy Blogaversary and Costochondritis

 I just realized that this blog turned 15 this month. Wow, time flies when you're having fun. So much has been going on that I almost forgot about it. I woke up on Thursday morning with chest pains and pains going down my jaw, my left arm, and my chest. 

Great. 

So, after we called off work, Steve took me to the ER and had to wait in the car. I had tests and luckily my heart is clear (I'll have to take a stress test later this month.) I took one more day off and followed up with my GP, and after an exam, he diagnosed me with costochondritis.  It's basically the  inflammation in the cartilage where your ribs touch your breastbone. I've never heard of this monstrosity, but I'm glad it's fairly common, and not life-threatening. It happens to women much more than men. I am placing an ice pack 4x a day on my chest to get the swelling down. 

I'm also very anxious lately and I suspect that its cousin, depression, has also settled in for the season. So, yesterday, on September 17, 2020, I put the wine glass away. It remains empty because I am feeling empty, guilty, useless, worthless, but I want to feel happy and whole again. I'm so out of shape and I'm so out of sorts. I will reclaim my life before depression steals it away. There's too much to good to do.  





Comments

sara said…
Hang in there Lori! Things will get better. This year is especially hard, but we are all in it together (if that helps)... I am spiraling into anxiety myself. May have to go and get some medication for it.