Saturday Night

Day 16

Thank you to everyone who has reached out in person, online, and/or by phone. At an incredibly sad and vulnerable point in my life, your responses are both humbling and overwhelming. I appreciate you and love you. Not everyone is kind, loving, and understanding, so I appreciate it and you even more! Today's been rough; I didn't bother to get dressed. 

I almost didn't post anything here or say anything to anyone, but the proverbial cat's out of the bag. I'm not ashamed of what I wrote and I'm not sorry for what I said. I am a writer and that's what I'm going to do... write.  Also, I do not include other parties by name in my postings unless they have given me permission. As a librarian, I am bound by confidentiality. That also stands here as a blogger. 

Also, my intention is not to generate sympathy. In fact, I let my guard completely down, swallowed my hubris, and took a risk by writing about my struggles. This was my alcoholic secret at home on my own time--never on the clock. Ever. I am being proactive and seeking assistance before it filtrated other aspects and destroyed my happiness and well-being. 

My intention and motivation for this is the following: if someone reading this blog is suffering and it helps that person to get life-saving help, then the posts and my risks are worthwhile.  

Again, thank you for reading and stay well. Much love. 





Comments

Popular Posts