Doing My Best this Holiday Season




Merry Belated Christmas! T'was a very low-key event this year, even though Steve and I dressed up like the Clauses on Christmas Eve and read letters from the kiddos at the library. That was fun. Since I roped him into yet another costumed character, I'll be buying him dinner for the rest of our married lives. 

I received the worst present on Christmas Eve: a diagnosis of Stage 2 liver disease. I have fibrosis. I am following up with a call this week to chew out the office for giving an anxious person bad news over a holiday weekend. My Google Searches were filled this weekend with queries about fatty liver disease and fibrosis. That's just terrible timing. 

I'm still writing and sending holiday cards; I will be until New Year's and probably beyond. That's okay. I gave up on perfection years ago. Those who know and love me will understand. I do my best. 

I wrapped up (pun intended) two online speech courses this semester. I can now honestly say I taught college in a pandemic. Holy cats, that was intense and difficult because of this plague, but I did my best.

A big milestone today. I have reached the triple digits in sobriety. 100 days. Looking forward to the half a year, and then a year and beyond. I'm doing my best. 

Life has definitely changed. Let's hope it turns out ok. I am doing my best to change to save my life. 



Comments

Popular Posts