Weekend in Kentucky





 Hi! 

I am a little behind on my blogging, as it has been a busy couple of weeks! Last weekend, my girlfriends from high school invited me down to Kentucky for a long weekend. I'm so glad I took the opportunity to go. I also did something waaaaay out of my comfort zone by driving 632  miles round-trip through two major cities. Alone. By myself. No one else in the vehicle. Steve stayed home, minded the cat herd, and watched boy movies (movies that have no interest to me), while I ventured out with dear friends. One of them I have not seen since college. (When you're fifty, that's a long time!) 

The most magical place we visited that weekend was named Bernheim Arboretum and Research Forest, located in Clermont, Kentucky. According to the website, this forest is 92 years old and spans across 16,137 acres of land.  There were giants, sculpture, trails, water, and wildlife (deer, frogs, and turtles). We had a wonderful time, and we arrived almost at closing time so there were not a lot of people around. It is definitely a place I want to revisit. Here is the link to the website if you are interested: Bernheim Forest




Comments