Thanksgiving Weekend

     I hope you enjoyed a great holiday weekend! Ours was pretty good, although the winterish holidays-Thanksgiving and Christmas-are tough to navigate. New Year's is easier, for some reason. On Thursday Steve and I spent Thanksgiving with a friend & family combination at a friend's house. That made it easier and we felt we all could spend more time together instead of splitting it up between two places.  

    Friday, we headed to Merrifield Park and I ice skated for the first time in two (or is it three) years with friends. We managed not to get trampled by the masses, because it was the first day that the rink was open. (I'm tempted to purchase a season pass.) I had forgotten how much I love to skate. 

  Saturday, Steve and I trekked the Mishawaka Riverwalk. Steve had other plans, so some friends picked me up and we visited one of my favorite South Bend bookstores: The Griffon. A poetry book jumped out at me. I had to buy it! Then, we dined at Fiddler's Hearth.

    Sunday, I worked out at the gym while Steve ran a couple of errands. Tonight, I zoomed onto The Poetry Den, located at the Civil Rights Heritage Center in South Bend, IN. I was able to read a few poems from Home. It will be released. This month has been so hectic that it has been shelved (temporarily). I think when classes are over and grades are submitted that I will have more brain space to finish it and add some photography.  

    Hope your week back from T-Day is painless and peaceful!  

Comments

Popular Posts