Gardening and Gaming

 Hello! I am spending my Friday at the home office prepping for class on Monday, writing, and of course, blogging! Steve is out with friends and two of the four cats are resting comfortably downstairs on the couch with the television on for company. 

                                            (Leo and Moshi napping on the couch.) 

Multitasking is something that I do often, so I am combining this post with two of many favorite hobbies: gardening and gaming. Right now, I am looking at the six plants I have currently in the office and hoping to add some flowers. (Since the office is a cat-free zone with a heavy door, I am not as concerned about the fur kids nibbling on the foliage.)  I wrote this blog with two audiences in mind, so hopefully you will be interested in one of the topics. 

Gardening 

On gardening, I look out at the snow-covered boulevard from the window and sigh. Since outdoor gardening is not optional, I can do the best next thing: dream about this year's gardening season. During break, Steve and I visited the local library (fortunately, we have many in our area) and checked out a couple of books: 

100 Plants to Feed the Monarch by the Xerces Society (2021)

This is definitely a book for anyone who loves butterflies. The book specifically talks about the Monarch Butterfly.  There is a listing of foliage for caterpillars to nibble on and there is another listing of flowers to attract the Monarch Butterflies. In the back of the book are Appendixes and References. 

Composting for the Absolute Beginner by Dede Cummings (2021) 

This is a hard core yet easy to understand book about the basics of composting for organic gardening.  (We currently have a composter in the kitchen and a larger composter outside.) It's a great way to reuse scraps and save money by making your own soil for flowers and plants. There is a glossary, resources, and an (Squee!) index!  

Gaming 

I have been writing about D&D for a while now, and I have five published articles about various classes of PCs (Player Characters): Rangers, Rogues, Sorcerers, Warlocks, and Wizards. Included in the articles are the best armor and weapons to use for each class.  (Admittedly, I've learned a lot researching and writing articles, and it's fun to try to outsmart the DM without getting my PC offed.) 

Anyhow, the articles are designed for both novices and experts, so if you want some extra pointers, have a look at the articles! (There are cool images as well.) Thanks for reading! 

https://www.gamersdecide.com/articles/dnd-best-warlock-armor-and-weapons 

https://www.gamersdecide.com/articles/dnd-best-rogue-armor-and-weapons

https://www.gamersdecide.com/articles/dnd-best-wizard-armor-and-weapons

https://www.gamersdecide.com/articles/dnd-best-sorcerer-armor-and-weapons

https://www.gamersdecide.com/articles/dnd-best-ranger-armor-and-weapons

Comments

Popular Posts