Books and Gaming Links



Happy Tuesday! The sun's shining, and we are one day closer to Spring! Meanwhile, we are still in swinter up here, so I am still in hibernation mode. It was bad in February. The week we had all the snowiness and a snow day at work, I stayed in the house for six days! I worked from the home office, worked on the poetry book, and read. Here are a couple of books that I checked out from the library and saved $44.59! I learned a lot from both books: 

The first one I read was The Comfort Book by Matt Haig. I'll share the blurb I wrote on Goodreads

"This book is exactly what I needed to read at this moment. This is a book that I want to send to all of my fam and friends; I may purchase my own copy. (The one I have is borrowed from the library.) It reads like a hug, gentle and kind without the saccharine aftertaste. Thank you, Matt Haig, for your courage to talk about your experiences with uncomfortable topics such as anxiety, depression, and suicidality. Keeping these topics in the light may keep others from hiding in the shadows of shame and to seek help. I highly recommend this book for anyone with a heartbeat."  

The second book was Set Boundaries, Find Peace: A Guide to Reclaiming Yourself by Nedra Glover Tawwab.  I just finished this book last night.  I haven't had a chance to write a Goodreads review yet, but I would give it 5-stars. As a recovering people-pleaser (focus on recovering--I'm a work in progress), I'm learning about assertiveness, setting boundaries with myself and others, and most importantly, communicating those boundaries. That is something I'm working on. Like all of us, I am a work in progress. 

Finally, I finished writing these articles for Gamers Decide.  I cannot believe I've written 60 articles! First about Pokémon, then about D&D 5e. If this doesn't establish my nerd credibility, I don't know what does!  The first four articles are about character spells, builds, and alignments to play. The last article is about streaming services. You can watch people play D&D online! It's fun to see that people can make a career out of their hobbies!

https://www.gamersdecide.com/articles/dnd-best-defensive-spells

https://www.gamersdecide.com/articles/dnd-best-offensive-spells


https://www.gamersdecide.com/articles/best-dnd-streamers


Thanks so much for reading! See you again soon! 


Comments

Popular Posts