Listening to Yacht Rock on a Friday Morning in June (Poem)

I love it when my fam and friends inspire me to write. Hope you like this poem. 

The song "Cool Change" brings me back to the ocean. 

This is a photo of me taken by Steve in the Pacific Ocean in San Diego back in 2009. 










Listening to Yacht Rock on a Friday Morning in June

(For LV.)

 

We listen to

and sing along to

“Cool Change” 

First sung

by Little River Band

written by a guy named Glenn


I was eight years old

when the song was first released

Decades later

I revisit his words

 

The hallmark

of a good song,

like a good story,

is that it held

up over time

 

and the song

washed over me

like the sea,

and the song

like the ocean,

never seems to age

 

and I am too

in love

with the moon,

not just when

it’s full.

 

lcs/2022

Comments

Popular Posts