Sunday, June 19



 Hey There,

I hope you are taking advantage of this beautiful Sunday! I hope if you can, venture outside, smile at the flowers, and take in the sunrays for some Vitamin D. Summer's almost here. Happy Father's Day and Happy Juneteenth! Those are two important holidays to celebrate. For those of you who have lost your father figure, I send you condolences, comfort, and love.  

I'm trying to practice gratitude today because this recovery's been a rough one for both Steve and me. In the past week I've had 12 vials of blood taken from both arms and received two IVs of morphine for pain. (Still no answers.) I'm cautiously taking pain meds since I am afraid of becoming addicted, but I let Steve know when taking one for accountability. The ER doctor said as long as you have pain, it's okay to take the medication.  

Tomorrow I will be contacting both my GP and surgeon to figure out next steps. I'll visit in person to set up appointments. Steve has the day off, so he will most likely accompany me. He continues to be amazing. Another positive aspect of this health stuff is that I'm losing weight. The pic above was taken last week. The dress now fits enough that I felt confident wearing it to work! 

I'm grateful the people at my new library gig have been understanding. This has been frustrating, because I really like it. My physical body is refusing to cooperate and feel guilty for missing work. 

I'm trying to let go of guilt. I especially feel guilty for not spending time with either Dad to celebrate this weekend. All instances can't be helped, as this is one of those times that it is truly out of my hands. I need to go back to my word of the year, acceptance, and accept the challenges right now. 

Hope this week brings you joy, as it will officially be summer! Be well. 


Comments

Popular Posts