Sunday

   

  



     I look at the time in the right-hand corner of the screen and it's October 30. The month has simultaneously crawled and flown. Northern Indiana did not disappoint with beautiful autumn displays. It's one of the reasons why we tolerate the season that follows.  Above are a few fall photos of our garden and the neighborhood. 

    A few things have transpired since the last post. Since the SOD (Sphincter of Oddi Dysfunction) continues to wreak havoc and impede quality of both physical and mental life, I have been referred to a university hospital. The appointment is scheduled for Friday, November 4. That's creeping up.  It's been nearly a year now, when this whole nonsense started and hoping there's a quick resolution, because I want to spend energy posting about other topics, like travel and wandering through forests and nature preserves.  

    I'm bringing family and about 12 pages of a medical life history to new doctors. Fortunately, Indiana University-Indianapolis was the place where I earned a MLS degree, so it is a lovely and familiar place. It's also the place where Mom spent time fighting cancer, so there are also feelings of sadness. 

     In my spare time, I continue to spend time with Steve, the kitties, family, and friends. I present workshops, research, and write on a freelance basis, and recently started a gig as a Fine Arts Teacher for students. Next semester, God willing, there will be two public speaking classes to teach. 

    Thank you for reading this blog and for your continued support. I am grateful to you for sharing your time with me.


 

Comments

Popular Posts