Courage

 



Hello! It's New Year's Eve. Thank God. That's all I can say while crossing the finish line to one of the hardest years I can remember and not leaving the house tonight. The only thing I will miss in 2022 is our medical deductible, and I think we hit that this past summer. My word for 2022 was acceptance and I'm ready to let it go. 

My new word for 2023 is courage. It's the third line in the Serenity Prayer, if you count God as the first line. The dictionary defines courage as "the ability to do something that frightens one" and "strength in the face of pain or grief." 

 I think the word that resonates the most in those definitions is strength, because everything that has happened to chez Sigety in 2022 has left me physically weak. However, mentally and spiritually, I continue to build strength. Obviously, my life purpose has not been filled yet, because I'm still here and writing to you. 

If I would have a resolution for 2023, it would be to have the courage to do the things, help living beings, and face the world. Even if it's scary. Keep moving. Have courage. 

Comments

Marci ullery said…
Oh, dear one! I love, Love, Love this! You have faced down so many challenges; but this post was so grace-filled, strong, an I know you will navigate whatever challenges you are met with, you will overcome with strength, and an open heart. Because that is your super power! I love you so! Happy new year, and I wish for a magical year, where all your dreams come true❤️❤️❤️! I love you

Popular Posts