Happy Groundhog Day Musings


     (This picture was gifted to me by one of my students. It moved me so I wanted to share the sentiment with you-xo.)

      I learned today that there will be six more weeks of winter no matter if Punxsutawney Phil sees his shadow or not. I don't know why it took 51 years for me to figure that out, although I was 10 before learning the truth about Santa Claus. Once a kid at heart, always a kid at heart, I suppose. 

     I'm happy to report that it is February and so far, both of us have steered clear of hospital stays. (*knocks on wood*) Steve and I are grateful to be able to focus on future prospects and able to give back and pay it forward. 

    Steve and I are keeping busy working multiple gigs. I'm teaching Public Speaking at a university, teaching creative writing at a community center, and juggling freelance research and writing projects. It's been great getting back into the groove again but keep forgetting that it takes time to recover fully from a long illness. A nasty little migraine knocked me off-kilter for a couple of days, so I'm upping the water intake and sleeping a lot. 

    That's about it for now. Have a good weekend and stay warm! 

Comments

Popular Posts